Sometimes Anxiety just takes over your life, and you just can’t escape it. Sleepless nights, constant agitation or uneasiness, excessive sweating, etc. It’s something that’s overpowering and hard to shake.
Currently, I’m going through a stretch of life where anxiety has reared its ugly head every day, and it’s getting to a point where it’s unbearable. If I could run away, I would, but I know that’s impossible and also the wrong thing to do.
So the only thing I can think of doing is to challenge myself to try and break my anxiety cycle, and I hope you’ll try and do this routine with me too. It’s a 30-day challenge and it seemed like it could do me, and maybe you some good.
30 Day Anxiety Challenge
1. Go for a 20 minute walk outside.
2. Paint or draw or use a coloring book
3. Write down five things you are grateful for.
4. Get hydrated.
5. Have your own dance party.
6. Have a no cell phone day.
7. Take a long bubble bath.
8. Ten minutes of meditation.
9. Do your favorite cardio exercise for 20 minutes.
10. Go to bed early.
11. Start a good vitamin regimen.
12. Snuggle an animal.
13. Try Yoga or do stretches to get your body feeling limber.
14. Stare up the stars to feel more connected to the earth.
15. Try a relaxing essential oil blend.
16. Get a massage.
17. Pick a time of day that will be just for you.
18. Do something you are good at.
19. Make a list of your anxieties.
20. Comment on each anxiety with something you can do to calm it.
21. Make yourself a healthy meal.
22. Do 20 minutes of breathing exercises.
23. Begin reading a book about positive self talk.
24. Learn about calming visualizations.
25. Tidy up your home.
26. Play a puzzle game.
27. Lie on your stomach and give yourself a hug.
28. Call a friend that makes you feel good about yourself.
29. Acknowledge your feelings.
30. Have an orgasm.
I’m going to take our own 30 day anxiety challenge and do one of the above things every day and hopefully you’ll do it with us too. I’ll report back in 30 days on how I’m feeling and what has changed.
If you or a loved one you know is having any mental health struggles, please do get the help you need. If you need to talk to someone now, you can talk to one of the many fantastic therapists at Better Help by CLICKING HERE.
This post was created with the help of Grammarly.
Photo Credit: Pixelbay