Janine Dillera states about her “I’m Not Manic” piece “I often tell my friends that I’m not manic, despite all of the signs that I am. Thankfully, they never listen to me when I say that, because if the people close to me believed me and left me alone during my manic episodes, I would get into a lot of trouble.”
The below drawing by Janine Dillera encapsulates everything in one beautifully drawn picture. You can find her on Instagram at @inky.nebula
I’m Not Manic By Janine Dillera
In honor of this, let’s discuss some signs for those that don’t know much about Manic Episodes.
Common signs and symptoms of mania include:
- Feeling unusually “high” and optimistic OR extremely irritable
- Unrealistic, grandiose beliefs about one’s abilities or powers
- Sleeping very little, but feeling extremely energetic
- Talking so rapidly that others can’t keep up
- Racing thoughts; jumping quickly from one idea to the next
- Highly distractible, unable to concentrate
- Impaired judgment and impulsiveness
- Acting recklessly without thinking about the consequences
- Delusions and hallucinations (in severe cases)
This post was created with the help of Grammarly.