If someone you love (*including yourself) is pre-disposed to depression, then the Holidays can be a war field of stressors.
I’ve compiled an epic list of 10 gift ideas/coping strategies for someone with depression. So this year, you can give the gift of sanity (even if it’s to yourself, like I plan to do) :
1. Mood Journal: It helps you monitor medications, depression and anxiety levels, plus it helps you keep on track. A great tool for your toolbox.
2. SunLight Plus 10,000 Lux SAD Lamp : When natural light is scarce, look to the a SAD Lamp to cue your body’s natural energy enhancers, improving mood and energy levels. It emulates natural daylight to help you experience improved energy and concentration.
3. Humorous Stress Ball: They’re just fun and it lets your anger out.
4. Cozy Fleece Super Plush Blanket : Sometimes you just need to stay warm and feel the comfort.
5. Tony Robbins: Awaken the Giant Within : If you want something to read and lift your self esteem at the same time, we suggest you go read some Tony Robbins. He never lets us down and in turn, he never wants you to let your self down after too.
6. Stress Definition – Unframed Art Print Poster :Who doesn’t like a bit of irony and fun in the house?
7. The Positive Journal: In just 5 minutes per day, you can get your positivity out into the world and have a great start to your day.
8. Adult Coloring Book: Coloring takes your mind off things and you don’t even know it’s happening. You just get immersed in a world and taken away to La La Land.
9. DreamTime Inner Peace Eye Pillow: If you want to relax, just put this over your eyes and fall asleep with refreshment. It’s like lemonade on a hot summer day, but for your eyes.
10. Yoga Mat: Exercise and Yoga make you feel strong and helps combat depression. This is a great way to help someone begin the exercise regime they’ve always said they’ve wanted to start.
Now go knock the socks off your gift-receiver with an incredibly thoughtful and considerate gift of your appreciation (even if you picked the Humorous Stress Ball…).
PS. Feel free to SPREAD THE LOVE and forward this list to anyone you think could benefit from it.
This post was created with the help of Grammarly.